According to the calculation functions of electronic calculators, electronic calculators can be roughly divided into the following types:
1. Simple type Only the functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division can be used for general calculations.
2. Ordinary type In addition to the four arithmetic operations, it can also perform a variety of operations such as square root and percentage. This kind of electronic calculator is the most widely used.
3. Functional type It can perform trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, logarithmic, exponential and other operations, as well as various application calculations, mainly for scientific and technical personnel and college students.
4. Dedicated type It can complete specific functions according to special needs. For example, it is used to record and calculate family income and expenditure, and to improve the computing ability of middle school students.
5. Program-controlled type This is a relatively complex electronic calculator, which can be programmed by magnetic cards to solve algebraic and functional equations and complete more complex calculations.
According to the number of digits of the display of the electronic calculator, it can be divided into 8 digits, 10 digits, 12 digits, 14 digits and many other types.
In recent years, electronic calculators with special functions, calendar-type electronic calculators, have appeared on the market. This type of electronic calculator can perform general numerical calculations. It also has functions such as “electronic calendar”, “electronic watch”, “sound alarm”, “timer”, and “time conversion around the world”.
When buying an electronic calculator, in addition to selecting according to its function and appearance, the key point is to check whether there is a malfunction in the electronic calculator. When selecting, you can gently press each part of the calculator with both hands, and there should be no messy digital display. You should also pay attention to whether the buttons are flexible, and see whether the brightness of the displayed numbers is consistent.